Set-up, monitor and control the quality of machining processes using process control tools such as control charts and statistical capability information. Lead continuous improvement activities that result in standardization and waste reduction in the manufacturing process. Maintain production processes and the expected efficiencies established for different product lines. Create new CNC programs and troubleshoot new product in-loads. Assist with product planning and creating project timelines. Assist with the installation and set-up of new equipment. Monitor machine maintenance and work with vendors to maintain and repair machines when necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set-up new product on a CNC machine.
- Program new product using cad/cam software. Work on program improvements to reduce product cycle time and improve product quality.
- Support production team leaders with order planning and strategies to maximize product throughput.
- Read part prints/OCP’s and job routers for all product specifications. i.e.: dimensions, tolerances, inspection, number of parts to be machined and Tooling Instruction Sheet (TIS).
- Use machine controls to cycle machine through production operations, adjusting tool positions, and tool changes. Also review machine operating criteria such as cycle time, speeds, feeds and operational efficiency.
- Maintain work area according to TPM and 5S.
- Lead continuous improvement activities, such as Area Improvement Team (AIT), and use the accepted tools.
- Troubleshoot and rectify problems on a CNC machine.
- Train lower level machinists and assist them when technical problems arise.
- Possess strong leadership skills and work closely with management to identify problems with material, scheduling, routers, and other various production activities.
- Have a strong understanding of CNC machines, including their required maintenance.
SPECIFICATIONS (SKILLS AND ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE)
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- The individual must be capable of frequently lifting and/or moving items ranging from 10-50 pounds.
- Knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Strong CNC troubleshooting skills in addition to basic machining principles.
- Ability to understand and modify CNC programs.
- Understanding of cad and cam software.
- Proven mechanical aptitude. (Proven through documented experience or testing.)
- Possess the technical competency to read and interpret advanced technical documentation. For example; this individual must be able to understand GD&T including, bonus tolerances, true positions, datum structures and planes.
- Proper use of micrometers, calipers, optical comparators, tool presetters, profilometers, electronic height gages, and basic use of a cmm.
- Reading and Math skills for interpretation of technical documents used in the manufacturing process.
TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- Refer to QOP-62-01 and training matrix of required/recommended courses
Please submit resumé to email@example.com