The Quality Calibration Technician is responsible for understanding customer quality related requirements while supporting our high standards of precision and quality products in the inspection of medical parts. This position is on Night shift, 8p-6a Sunday-Thursday with a 15% shift differential.
- Inspect parts visually and with manual gages to verify conformance to the print.
- Contribute support for CAPA (Corrective and Preventative Actions) activities.
- Identify areas of improvement and participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Perform testing, gather and record data, analyze results and report product and in-process monitoring test results.
- Assists during audit activities.
- Assist with calibration and maintenance activities.
- Create and maintain data files and forms. Initiate and assist in the investigation and disposition of nonconforming materials.
- Review device history records (DHR) and acceptance records to ensure all quality assurance activities have been performed and approved.
- Update databases and spreadsheets used to track, monitor, and report department activities.
- Communicate with a wide variety of personnel in and across Manufacturing and Quality Teams.
- Work with engineers and other quality technicians collect and summarize quality data.
- Participate in Continues Improvement efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SPECIFICATIONS (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus on optical devices.
- Use of microscopes, magnifiers, and optical comparators will be expected.
- Must demonstrate excellent writing skills with ability to prepare/review and/or approve technical documentation.
- Problem solving and sound decision making.
WHY CHOOSE AUTOCAM MEDICAL?
- Scheduled 50 hours per week, with 1.5x pay over 40 hours a week. Double time over 56 hours a week. Volunteer for OT.
- No medical premium for the family.
- Full tuition reimbursement. Journeyman CNC Machinist Apprentice program.
- Quarterly incentive based on company performance.
- Dental, Vision, disability, life insurance, $3000 401k match with Principal, paid personal time/vacation days/10 paid holidays.
- 15% shift differential for hours worked on night shift.
- Pay competitively to the market
- Lead, mentor and facilitate leaders in developing and planning of production and personnel.
- Prior knowledge/experience surrounding quality control inspection is preferred.
- High School or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year experience in manufacturing environment
OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-pace and rapidly evolving environment.
- Sitting and/or standing for extended period of times.
- Lift 20 lbs. or greater as needed.