Operate CNC laser systems from various sources including drawings and verbal or written instruction. Operate a variety of motorized and hand tools, machines. Monitor and control the quality of machining processes by utilizing process control tools. Maintain the production processes and work within the expected quality standards and efficiencies that are established for the product line.
- Setup and run jobs on laser equipment ensuring all parts meet tight manufacturing requirements.
- Responsible for quick turnaround of parts and accuracy within established guidelines.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspection on parts using various measuring tools.
- Maintain organization of jobs and material. Keep work area clean and organized.
- Participate in team continuous improvement activities.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
WHY CHOOSE AUTOCAM MEDICAL?
- Scheduled 50 hours per week, with 1.5x pay over 40 hours a week. Double time over 56 hours a week. Volunteer for OT.
- No medical premium for the family.
- Full tuition reimbursement. Journeyman CNC Machinist Apprentice program.
- Quarterly incentive based on company performance.
- Dental, Vision, disability, life insurance, $3000 401k match with Principal, paid personal time/vacation days/10 paid holidays.
- 15% shift differential for hours worked on night shift.
- Pay competitively to the market
- Self-starter capable of dealing with a variety of tasks in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- The team member is required to be on their feet ten to twelve hours per day using their hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear around machinery. They will also be required to frequently walk, sit, stoop, kneel or crouch; under, over and around machines.
- The team member must be capable of lifting and moving up to 25 pounds potentially on a frequent basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus on optical devices.
- Individuals will work safely near moving mechanical parts of machinery and electrically activated devices.
- Legibly write inspection results on job travelers.
- Perform math skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Read and interpret manufacturing instructions and other technical documentation; including blueprints.
- Proper use of metric scales, micrometers, calipers, and optical comparators and various other gauges.
- Familiarity with an MRP system such as Epicor.
- Knowledge of G&M-Code & CNC practices is a plus.