Set-up, operate and program 4 axis plus 1 CNC controlled Laser Welders. Monitor and control the quality of fusion welding processes by utilizing process control tools. Maintain the production processes and work within the expected quality standards and efficiencies that are established for the product line.
- Read part prints and job orders for all product specifications, i.e., dimensions, tolerances, inspection, number of parts to be welded and realization of correct fit up of components for fusion welding.
- Maintenance and/or fixture design of welding fixtures for accurate and precise fusion welds.
- Maintain customer requirements of weld strength or load requirements through validation techniques, part fit up, and laser welding methodology.
- Perform first piece sample inspection according to the operation control plan. By utilizing qualified measuring devices and measurement techniques.
- Maintain cleanliness of optics and machine functions required for correct machine operation, and other operator maintenance, on the machine that are used in daily operation.
- Perform data collection and communication tasks in Epicor and other applications.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and use the accepted tools, such as — brainstorming, C&E, tool tryout sheets.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
WHY CHOOSE AUTOCAM MEDICAL?
- Scheduled 50 hours per week, with 1.5x pay over 40 hours a week. Double time over 56 hours a week. Volunteer for OT.
- No medical premium for the family.
- Full tuition reimbursement. Journeyman CNC Machinist Apprentice program.
- Quarterly incentive based on company performance.
- Dental, Vision, disability, life insurance, $3000 401k match with Principal, paid personal time/vacation days/10 paid holidays.
- 15% shift differential for hours worked on night shift.
- Pay competitively to the market
- Proven mechanical aptitude.
- Proven through documented experience and/or testing.
- Reading and math skills for interpretation of technical documents used in the manufacturing process.
- Proven manual dexterity and lift capacity.
- Official Machine Apprentice training is preferred.
- The technician is required to be on their feet ten to twelve hours per day using their hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear around machinery. They will also be required to frequently walk, sit, stoop, kneel or crouch; under, over and around machines.
- The technician must be capable of lifting and moving up to 25 pounds potentially on a frequent basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus on optical devices. Use of microscopes, magnifiers, and optical comparators will be expected.
- Individuals will safely work near moving mechanical parts of machinery and electrically activated devices. Individuals are occasionally exposed to airborne particles.
- Read and interpret Autocam Medical manufacturing instructions.
- Perform math skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Fundamentals of fusion laser welding techniques
- Fundamental machining principles; turning, milling, grinding.
- Fundamental understanding of machining theory, including x, y and z axis, along with edge and centerline pickup.
- Reading and interpreting technical documentation; including blueprints.
- Proper use of metric scales, micrometers, calipers, and optical comparators and various other gauges.