Maintenance and Facilities Manager
Performs and leads tasks in the installation, repair, maintenance and operation of mechanical, electrical, environmental controls, environmental systems, energy, and chemical resource management as well as health safety systems. Supports other teams and projects in areas like plant safety, quality, IATF compliance, production attainment and cost goals. All aspects and functions involved in the administration, planning and coordination of new or changed systems, equipment, facility, and support equipment.
All hourly facilities maintenance mechanics and maintenance positions report to the Maintenance Manager. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, coaching, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Ensure that all skillsets are available in the maintenance department to support the business.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, operation and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment and systems.
- Ensures proper operation of systems in compliance with required regulations and codes.
- Tests, maintains, evaluates, and repairs equipment, support structures and facility grounds.
- Tests, maintains, and calibrates electronic HVAC and building environmental controls ensuring equipment is functioning properly.
- Responsible for an efficient and team driven focused operation that promotes continuous improvement in the areas of safety, cost, quality, delivery, environmental and technology.
- Responsible for structured problem-solving and root cause analysis followed by system improvements and implementation of permanent countermeasures.
- Coaching and Mentoring team.
- Implements and maintains a TPM program.
- Schedule Preventive Maintenance and maintain database in computer software.
- Apply Predictive Maintenance activities.
- Develops work instructions to train operations employees in maintenance activities.
- Implements 5S in the maintenance department and applies 5S methodology in matters or operations support.
- Ensure compliance of environmental and sanitation regulations.
- Monitor and facilitate work order system and parts inventory using CMS and other systems.
- Assist the organization in lean, standardized work, and continuous improvement activities.
- Utilize Downtime events and root cause analysis to improve Maintenance program.
- Maintain and regularly test facility contingency action plans.
- Coordinates or assist with coordinating and overseeing the activities of outside contractors.
- Responsible to setup and maintain proper shift to shift communication to ensure machine downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Establishes maintenance schedules to meet operations requirements.
- Performs Layered Process Audits (LPA’s).
- Sets up required department measurable and reports KMI’s including MTTR and MTBF.
- Support Employee Charter and Open-Door Process
- Completes hourly employees’ time edits as required.
- Assists with business planning process.
WHY CHOOSE AUTOCAM MEDICAL?
- Salaried position of $90,000 to $120,000 with room for growth.
- No medical premium for the family.
- Full tuition reimbursement. Journeyman CNC Machinist Apprentice program.
- Quarterly incentive based on company performance.
- Dental, Vision, disability, life insurance, $3000 401k match with Principal, paid personal time/vacation days/10 paid holidays.
- Pay competitively to the market
- Bachelor’s degree and\or Journeyman designation or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years related work experience.
- Minimum 5 years Supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with TPM systems maintaining equipment and facilities and support equipment.
- Knowledge of metal stamping, assembly, CNC machining and welding.
- Must be a results-oriented team player, effective at problem solving and project\planning\organizing with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High energy level.