The Value Stream Manager will lead the continuous improvement efforts in the assigned production area through the utilization of data provided by the manufacturing systems. Organizes, directs, and controls the daily operations according to company goals.
- Develop the continuous improvement plan and facilitate the meetings with the area team(s); prioritize team activities.
- Interact with the customer directly with all issues concerning quality, delivery and standards.
- Evaluate team needs – as needed; i.e. staffing levels, equipment or tools and provide support by removing barriers for improvement and progress.
- Oversee production process while ensuring teams are focused on producing product of the highest quality in a safe and effective manner.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to area Team Leader(s).
- Collaborate with other Value Stream Managers to review the activities of the plant and review the progress toward meeting the company goals.
- Coordinate and support cross-functional teams like quality, engineering and maintenance.
- Provide production quality, delivery, or cost concerns to Plant Manager.
- Coordinate with other Value Stream Managers in developing and sustaining the following:
- Training and career path plan for all team members
- Process for standardizing processes and documentation
- Implement forms of visual control and documentation
- Ensure performance reviews are given to all team members
- Facilitate and manage project startup teams
- Facilitate and manage company production systems
- Other duties as assigned.
WHY CHOOSE AUTOCAM MEDICAL?
- Scheduled 50 hours per week, with 1.5x pay over 40 hours a week. Double time over 56 hours a week. Volunteer for OT.
- No medical premium for the family.
- Full tuition reimbursement. Journeyman CNC Machinist Apprentice program.
- Quarterly incentive based on company performance.
- Dental, Vision, disability, life insurance, $3000 401k match with Principal, paid personal time/vacation days/10 paid holidays.
- 15% shift differential for hours worked on night shift.
- Pay competitively to the market
- Lead, mentor and facilitate leaders in developing and planning of production and personnel.
- Interpret daily, weekly, monthly and yearly key business indicators, i.e., quality, cost and delivery reports.
- Identify improvement opportunities and utilize appropriate problem solving tools and relevant data to continuously improve business processes.
- Ability to be decisive including the development of alternative course of action based on facts and logic while considering organizational resources, values and principles.
- Effective written and oral communication with a variety of individuals both inside and outside the organization, including strong presentation skills.
- Express ideas and information succinctly in one-on-one and group situations.
- Develop the skills and competencies of others through training and development activities.
- Ability to remain calm and effective in high-stress situations.
- Understands key business indicators used by the company.
- Experience working with MRP systems.
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in leadership.
- Preferable to have an understanding of GMP for Medical Devices FDA 21 CFR Part 820 Quality System Regulation and ISO 13485 Medical Devices – Quality Management Systems or experience working in a regulated industry.